...in which Griff saves the family from a house fire!
Last night I was awakened at 2 am by Griff, and I thought he needed to go outside. We had a busy day yesterday and maybe he just needed another pit stop. Out we went, with a flashlight to check for snakes, and he did his business. When I came back inside I smelled something acrid, and thought the AC was broken. After shutting it off, and opening up the house, I started back to bed, only to smell the odor even stronger.
At that point I decided to turn on a lamp and check the whole house. When I touched this lamp, I found it burning hot and the switch completely inoperable. Of course, in my attempts to unplug the damn thing I spilled Ross' water and knocked the bedside table off its leg extenders (we have a platform bed). He woke up and was unaware of what had happened so he was grumping at me to wait until morning. !!!
Griff definitely saved us from a potential house fire, and I couldn't be more grateful. The smell would probably have got me up, but who knows when the wiring would have caught? Griff is a hero!
In other news, I am meeting with my contractor today to pick out cabinet doors, a sink and faucet, and a new countertop. My little kitchen will have a makeover this season. I have lived with it for 2 years and decided to not pop the wall open into the living room. But keeping it as a galley kitchen means I want NICE cabinets, NEW countertops, and a TILE backsplash. I can live with black appliances, and I think they will look good when we are all done. No more pink and black kitchen :-)