Yes, that is me being hardass on my scooter. I wasn't always so confident but did take the motorcycle safety course and have the endorsement on my license. Not everybody passes.
But what about the dress I'm wearing in the first photo? That is Vogue 1313.. I love this dress and will definitely be making another for spring. When that happens I will make these changes:
1. no quilting on the yoke and no topstitching elsewhere
2. no separating zipper but use one with cool teeth
3. no facings/linings but use binding to cover the raw edges of the neckline and armholes
4. construct the front in the order as written but add the zipper at the end of those steps (does anyone see a problem with that?)
5. use a lighter knit for spring and perhaps use 2 complementary prints
It is a great pattern but 14 pattern pieces and 39 steps?! Let's be honest folks...I really want to wear what I sew before I am elderly.
Make this dress ladies...it's really fun and flirty :-)