Saturday, November 26, 2016

Standing on my own two feet

No, that is not me over there but I am attached to my walker for a few more weeks.  I have graduated from light weight bearing on my right toes to heel to toe strides, at 50% weight bearing.  Stoked!

When I am cleared for a cane, I will have to do some serious shopping for a fashion statement.  The walker really is quite institutional and ugly.

The last 2 days have been wonderful for me.  I am still tired due to the anemia, and still in pain, but my mind is clearing and I have more emotional control.  I was able to do a little sewing-I attached a facing to a blouse and tomorrow will press, clip and understitch.  I am making this--->Layer top 6019 from LoriAnne Pattern Collection.  I'll check in with all of you in a day or so and let you know what I think of the pattern.  So far I am loving it.  

Hope your holidays were filled with cheer, and you have been able to find time for renewal in your own sewing studios.  


13 comments:

  1. Excellent news! I had to look twice at the person on the "walker" - she's ice skating! And yes, after 20 dinner guests on Thursday some sewing time yesterday was indeed a time for renewal.

    ceci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your recovery is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so sorry to read about your accident. When you break a bone, you don't mess around! :) I hope you continue to improve and heal quickly. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can certainly sympathize. I broke my leg and ankle at the end of September (slipping on stairs) and have another 5 weeks in a cast and non weight bearing. Just realized I'm able to sew using my machine pedal with my left foot so that's helping me to keep from going stir crazy! Wishing you good healing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for getting back to sewing! That is a GREAT sign!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear you well enough to start sewing!! That is a great sign!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pattern looks great. I'm sure it'll be a beautiful blouse. I'm so glad to hear your recovery is proceeding so well. No fun breaking bones at our age. Best wishes, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pattern, Mary! Glad to hear that you are getting better every day. That is great that you are getting back to sewing at the machine.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.