The design includes a number of asymmetrical overlapping layers in front and a center back and darts in the back. There are no closures as it simply slips over your head with the V-neck. The pattern is easy to construct and comes together quickly for such a complicated design. I think that speaks volumes for the illustrations and written steps in the instructions.
I measure out to a 6-8 using her sizing but I walked the pattern and chose to make this in a 10-12. It's just too big, though, and I will need to do some alterations using the back seam and side seams. I decreased the length of the torso pieces by 1.25" but neglected to do so with the sleeves...so I will work on those too. I did decrease the shoulder seam by 5/8".
I am not disappointed in what I see wrong here but happy that I was able to complete this while drugged and in pain. I love the design and will try again using linen or a sturdier cotton from stash. This is in gauze and it stands away from the body a bit.
Off to plan version #2, Mary