Saturday, August 6, 2016

wonderful random stuff

This is a photo I took many years ago while camping at Catalina State Park in Tucson.   Who knew then that I would move here in a few years?





 I sure miss Woodrow and I miss endurance riding.  I will always be grateful for my realtionship with this beautiful horse.  He was one of those special companions.




Another horse from my past-Jumpin' Jack Flash.  He was great fun but an incredible challenge.  Independent and strong minded,  fearless and mischevious.





The view from my old house in Klamath Falls, OR.  Gorgeous landscapes and wilderness in that part of Oregon.





I'm trying to lose a few pounds.









Me and Jillian from JillyBeJoyful.  It has been a long distance friendship.







I am worried about the US, and the world.






I cut off my hair.










I am not taking big Nick up to Pinetop this month-all the "old" riders opted out and so this year the trip will be the twentysomethings and their horses.





In the meantime, big Nick and I are working on our dressage and some baby jumps.  





Griffin and I love each other SOOOOO much.






My husband is dealing with some severe pain in his hip, which cannot be remedied by surgery.  He is also suffering a bout of sciatica from a spinal problem which we knew nothing about.  So...pulling up the big girl panties and carrying a little bit more around the house.  


I do have some sewing to share and some art in the beginning stages.  Hope all of you are cruising through the end of summer and making fun plans for the fall.  
~mary

26 comments:

  1. Love the haircut. We are spending the summer along the Oregon coast, and may move there next year. I love Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DK's wife, Bandon is one of my favorite places...have you been there?

      Delete
  2. I love your hair - I have always loved the colour and the new cut is so sassy. Your area looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer Flies...great to hear from you!

      Delete
  3. What a nice catch-up. I love your hair!!! and I thought you looked slimmer in your last post, just didn't mention it. I sure hope your DH recovers, hip pain and sciatica are so awful and so depressing. I often think we should be able to age honorably, not with so many challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, aging is challenging for many of us. Thank you for the compliment-I have lost just a little weight and am sure more will shed in a month or so. I have been much more active lately.

      Delete
  4. Hair is great Mary. How do you like it? I'm betting it feels very much cooler. Myself I've gone Jamie Lee Curtis short and am sticking to it.
    How is Nick doing with the jumps? He had beautiful form as a youngster but that was a while ago...Griff as cute as ever.Hope Ross can find a manageable solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick is enjoying the challenge of doing it correctly and cantering on the correct lead. Hey, wanted to let you know we saw cougar tracks this morning on the other side of the wash. !!

      Delete
  5. I hope your husband can find some relief. I wish he could see my chiropractor, who practices active release technique (ART). Maybe there is a practitioner in your area.

    Cool haircut! Love to see all your pix of your horses!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let him know Kyle. Thank you, Mary

      Delete
  6. This post was such a nice catchup. Hope your hubby mends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love random posts. Keep us in the loop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey kathy, random is where I am lately.

      Delete
  8. You have the BEST hair!!! Glad you've posted again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love reading your posts. You look great with short hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bev, thanks so much. You do too.

      Delete
  10. Love the hair, love the pics. Sending good energy for your husband's healing. Good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved this post and all the pix, yours and others! That haircut slims you down and takes a few years off, too! Please, no unscheduled dismounts for you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle...no unscheduled dismounts I hope!

      Delete
  12. Enjoyable post, especially the aspect of living somewhere never expected. I suffered the same pains your hubby is having; physical therapy relieved all of it, and Medicare paid for it. Medicare and PT are keeping me out among 'em.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol-that info helps! Glad you are feeling well.

      Delete
  13. The hair cut is wonderful. Glad Nick and Griffin are keeping you company - nothing better. Sorry to hear about your husband's troubles. Having been a sufferer of back pain on and off for a few years, I can assure you that things do ebb and flow. Mind power and sense of humour are important, as is doing what you can even if you have pain. Sometimes mindfulness can really help too. And distraction works wonders as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah Liz, sorry you deal with back issues as well.

      Delete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.