Sunday, November 15, 2015

kid stuff

Babies...I love babies.  One of my nieces and her husband are expecting, and of course they will be getting a handmade gift.  

I found these two patterns for infants-I like the little romper and hat shown on the cover of 5585.  The sleep sack on 5583 looks like a nice addition to the layette also.  

I heard that the parents may not say what sex they are expecting so I bought neutral fabric.  I love the dog print, and also really like the stripes.  All three play well together and I think the two prints may work in concert in small amounts.  


My brother Jim and his wife Nancy will be first time grandparents.  I have a strong suspicion that this baby will be showered with attention in this big family!

One last look at that adorable doggie fabric->

11 comments:

  1. Lovely fabrics, Mary, and are you getting a lot of rain? It's been on and off all day here in central Tucson with more forecast for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rainy and cool all day! What a lovely change, eh?

      Delete
  2. I bet you are just itching to give that new machine a complete workout!
    Cute fabrics. Okay, I love the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi TSAB, I used the new machine to make a jacket last week. Stretch cotton, no lining, easy topper. I'll blog it in a few days. The new machine is fantastic.

      Delete
  3. Oh that dog fabric is so cute! How fun to have a baby to sew for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sewing for kids or babies is so quick compared to adult garments. Fun fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you're in for some fun sewing! (no fitting required)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! have fun and congrats to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute fabrics. It's lovely that you have some fun sewing ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute fabrics. It's lovely that you have some fun sewing ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to the expecting parents.. I love babies too, and so fun to sew for them.. Have fun sewing.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.