I cut the pattern out using a single layer, and was successful in matching the main features of the plaid.
I don't know what I did with that left dart but let's just call it good until I get all of the top together.
I am using B5924 View B and plan to use this top with jeans for riding. I cut a 10 through the shoulders and a 12-14 elsewhere. This pattern has ABCD cup sizes and I chose to use the C cup size. We will see if I choose right. I have been weight lifting and walking on the treadmill 3 x/week. Only 2 lbs down so far.
As I was sewing the pieces together, I got a bit frantic about whether to match it vertically or horizontally as the pattern has tops and bottoms to each front and back. I matched horizontally as that was most obvious. On the back I matched horizontally first and discovered a way to be more accurate.
I basted each dark band first, and then basted on the stitching line. After checking, I stitched right over the basting. If this were not for riding, I would stitch next to the basting and then remove it.
Here is what the result is on the center back seam.
I am happy with this and know that any un-matched spots won't be visible as I am riding. No one looks at me anyway as my horse Nick is so strikingly handsome!
Besides exercising any OCD tendencies with plaid, I have also set aside some projects to sew through the summer heat. Organizing pattern and fabric together keeps me focused on my wardrobe choices and lessens distraction from other sewer's projects. I love to see what everyone else is creating, and I am easily led :-) so this helps me keep to my program.
I need loose, stylish clothes for kicking around town and these patterns will help. Next up will be another Ina skirt in this marvelous cotton knit I found at Hancock's for 50% off. I love these greens and they look awful next to my face but in a skirt...they will be gorgeous :-)
I hope everyone is staying busy, happy and engaged in creative pursuits.