Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Free patterns and trades

I embroidered this little trailer a few years ago...by the time I was done, the trailer looked like it had been stored in a vacant lot for years.  But you may have better luck with it.  The page associated with it is http://handmadeandcraft.com/10-beautiful-and-free-embroidery-patterns/
The further links are incorrect.

I have some uncut sewing patterns which need new homes.  After living here in Tucson for 2/3 of the year, I know I will not ever use these beautiful patterns.  Here's the deal-if you want one of these patterns, just ask for it in the comments section.  If more than 1 person wants a pattern, I'll randomly select.  I will announce winners on Friday 2/6/'15 in the am. 

Jalie 2212 Multisport top
 Decades of Style Collar Confection blouse
 Jalie 2795 Hoodie (or not)
Kwik Sew 3618 vest 
But wait, there is more to this blog~I am looking for 2 patterns.  I would love to find B 5361 OOP and Textile Studio's Barcelona dress.  If either of these are languishing in your stash, perhaps we can make a deal.   

15 comments:

  1. Oohhh ! Thank you for the offer! I would LOVE to have the Jalie 2212 and/or the Decades of style. That is the first vintage pattern that has tempted me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like the Jalie 2795. I've yet to see a Jalie pattern, but this is something I could see getting a lot of wear out of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn - missed my chance at Jalie 2795
    I could use the kwik sew 3618 as well.
    Do you need a couple of bucks for postage?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like there is lots of interest! I want to say again that I'll pick a winner randomly if more than one person want a certain pattern. I will pick on Friday am so if you want a pattern someone else has tagged, just list it in your comment. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how unusual is the collar on that decades of style pattern would love to have try it out. good luck with your patterns search.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,That's very generous. I could use either of the Jalies... I'm trying to prepare for winter (ha bet that doesn't happen!). Yes let me know if you want the postage too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your generous offer! I would dearly love to be entered in the drawing for the Jalie 2795... it has enough seamlines and is a raglan, so it would be ideal for me to be able to fit it to my shape and size...
    - indigotiger from SG

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to be entered for the drawing of Jalie 2795. Love the lines.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd like to be entered for the Jalie 2212 drawing. I'm on the hunt for boy-friendly patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just came across your blog (from PR) and added your blog to my feeder! I would like to be entered for the drawing of Jailie 2795 please.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to have Jalie 2795. Please enter me in the drawing. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/b5361-products-10276.php?page_id=3534
    You can see that the top is only a rectangle with a neckline, the skirt would also be a rectangle. If you take the measurements off the back of the envelope for length and width, you can create your own if no one has that pattern. I copy tops like this all the time for clients who travel and bring back cool things. I muslined the Decades of Style pattern and it was not flattering at all, so we didn't make it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I will definitely try this if I cannot find the pattern. It would be a good way to expand my skills.

      Delete
  13. Sorry, I don't have either of the patterns you are looking for. Your picture of the trailer triggered an idea for a gift for my little sis, who also lives in Tucson, and who has a 50th birthday coming up. She had a vintage Airstream trailer. Hmm I am off to look for embroidery designs of Airstreams.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.