Saturday, November 22, 2014

What I'm wearing (when not covered in horse hair and dirt)

Vogue 8691 in a grey ponte.
 I had high hopes for this top, but was disappointed by the fit and the neckline.  There is a lot of extra fabric under my arms-not a good look on a muscular build to start with.  Then, the neckband was too wide, and did not lay (lie?) correctly.  I ended up folding and stitching some detail into the front and adding a tab.  

I think this particular pattern will look MUCH better in a lighter knit such as a jersey.  


Who hasn't made Kwik Sew 3115, the yoga pant?
 Here they are in a basic black.  Perfect fit!


Finally, some Clovers in a novelty denim.
 I love this pattern, but these turned out just too big.  In an attempt to save them, I washed them and ran them through a hot dryer...they fit a little bit better now.  I did not have the pouchiness in front last time I made these.  Could my thighs have become more muscular in front and causing the fabric to not fall fluidly? If so, I blame this entirely on riding in a western saddle for the past few years.  

Enjoy your weekend everyone-I am off for a short trail ride and then finishing up a Katherine Tilton tunic. fondly, Mary

16 comments:

  1. Both pairs of pants look great, but I must say you are rocking the yoga pants;) I like the detail you added to the Vogue top as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those pants...they are magical!

      Delete
  2. Your sewjo is on fire! I haven't made those yoga pants but maybe I'll have to try them--did you make them out of ponte?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kyle, yes, a really good ponte. It is substantial and fluid.

      Delete
  3. Great save on the tunic top! It looks fine on you. Both pairs of pants are nice, too. It's good to see you sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dixie, I am happy to be working on my wardrobe again.

      Delete
  4. Love your 'fix' for the vogue 8691 top. Very flattering to have all that design detail near your face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary...Love the top .. You did a great job fixing it.
    Great job on the yoga pants too..Enjoy your riding..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pants, and must get the Yoga pants next time KS has a sale.

    I think the Vogue top is just too large and floaty for your compact and petite frame - luckily you have saved it and it looks nice now.

    Sounds like you are enjoying your new home and surrounds - enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep trying this particular silhouette...and it is hard for a petite to carry. High heels! :-)

      Delete
  7. Glad that you can fix the Vogue top, it looks nice on you :)
    I love both of the pants, especially the yoga pants look so comfortable and black color goes with everything.

    Happy sewing and enjoy your time, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are looking great, Mary! Arizona suits you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I agree, the yoga pants look great on you! Shady back yard is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great save on the top! I've learned to use my own TNT for knits for the shoulders, armholes and sleeve caps and just graft the fancy pattern details on. I get a much better fit that way.

    A good pair (or 10) of stretchy knit pants are so worth the effort to sew! I think your Clovers are still a bit big on you though. Can you take them in a little or would that cause other fitting issues?

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.