Saturday, October 25, 2014

Fever dreams




I somehow contracted pneumonia.  I have been feeling poorly, and last weekend I crashed, ending up in the ER.  Since that time, I am drinking ice water, juice, soda (I know, I know) and a little bit of coffee.  Food?  I am trying.  Fruits and raw vegetables are mostly what I want, though I do eat a little lunch and dinner.  This is halfway through my antibiotic course and I am praying to see some improvement from today on.  

The nights are very odd, with fever spiking and sending me into night sweats.  My dreams are long, meandering journey dreams with no real conclusion or satisfaction found.  My husband, who is a wonderful musician and music lover, posted this video on FB the other day and I thought he could see into my dreams!  Of course, the night before I had read a bit of Rose by Martin Cruz Smith. There was a scene in which gorilla hands were displayed to a gathering of upper class English mine owners.  Obviously I saved that little snippit for my nocturnal journey.

I sleep most of the night, waking at 4, and reading a little.  Then, I try to sleep some more.  If I get up, and do anything, I'll be paying for that expenditure later in the day.  Today I slept from 9-12, and here I am talking to you before nap #2.  

My old jack russell Nick is in heaven.  The rule about sleeping on the guest bed?  What rule?  Up he comes for his own fever dreams!

I sewed some pants though, and they fit.  I still need to hem them but every time I move my head, there is a little rush of blood pressure adjustment which is not fun.  I'll wait.  I used this pattern and some black ponte from Fabric of Vision (very good knit).  


I sewed View A, medium through the high hip and small/medium down the thigh.  I then straightened the flare, using the small line, a 1/2" SA everywhere and some artistic license. There were notes on the pattern pieces, though I have zero memory of making these previously.  But, the notes led me to a good result.  

Some Clovers are also waiting their turn.  I cut them out in a cool denim from Sandy at FOV.  The denim is very strong, and has a teeny herringbone pattern throughout.  I have made a number of Clovers, and so I just went for it and cut them, not checking the waistband fit but hoping that all would work out...fever dream?
 
I will check back in with all of you, and keep you updated on my sewing progress, and if my immune system is kicking into high gear.  Stay healthy-get your flu shot-and wash your hands often.  love, "mom"


19 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear you are sick and feeling miserable. Luckily we have lots of treatments to make the miserableness just a little more tolerable. I get frustrated when I am sick because there is too much to do .hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Mary! This kind of sick is really not fun at all. I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you haven't been well and wish you a very speedy recovery. Pneumonia is awful! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling much better soon Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's some Healing Hugs and oodles of big-heart, big-love energy for you my dear...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take the time you need to heal.
    Prayers for feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear...what a bummer. Hope you are turning the corner or will soon. I know I'm a lousy and impatient patient...perhaps you are as well, since you are sewing in the midst of your misery! Thinking of you. Coco

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending you loads of healing energy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry to hear about your pneumonia bout...take care and take naps...with dog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry you are sick! I hope you get better soon. I read Rose years ago....it's still one of my favorite books:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry...My daughter just got out of the hospital with pneumonia.. She too, is still not feeling well.. Take care of yourself.Will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, so sorry to hear about the pneumonia but so glad you are back home doing plenty of resting. SEnding you healing thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do take it slowly Mary, and don't underestimate the clout pneumonia has - you will be tired for a few weeks. Quiet sewing when you are a bit better will be just the ticket :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness. I've had pneumonia and I know how sick one gets with it. Take your time getting back on your feet. It's important to not overdo. I was six weeks going back to work after my bout and a long time before I felt as strong as before! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Better late than never, I add my own wish for your complete recovery and return to sewing and horses and new adventures in Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mary, Just checking on you.. Hope your feeling better. Sending prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. And I'm running in even later - hope you are on the mend, Mary! Thinking good thoughts for your immune system...

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.