Monday, October 6, 2014

Dreambook-new Vogues

V1428 for a romantic holiday evening

I love the winter collection just released by Vogue.  Dresses are featured heavily in the collection, and there are styles appropriate for a glamorous holiday party or an open house in the neighborhood.  Here are some of my faves:
V1423 Look at the yoke-what a cool detail.
This would be so pretty in cranberry linen


V9046 Claire Schaeffer design-lots of tucks & waist stay.  This dress seems like a perfect daytime holiday dress. 
V1429  Cocktails on the Enterprise.  I love the dramatic collar.  The tee is a cool part of the pattern.
V1424 hmmm, looks like gym wear for after all the holiday feasting!
I like it, but not for me.




V9052 I hate the dress, but the jacket!  So wonderful, especially for a petite woman.


V1430 Sandra Betzina brings us another wearable and beautiful top/jacket.  This will be in my closet in spring.


V9067 Five Easy Pieces I will definitely buy this-it is made for me.



I find lots to love in this collection, even though my lifestyle doesn't really include dresses with innumerable tucks and a waist stay, or lace, or overlapping yokes.  However, we have been going out a lot more since moving to Tucson.  Maybe I do need a dinner dress with some bling.  

Next post: art



11 comments:

  1. Oh for a life of dinner parties - certainly not seen for my future according to the crystal ball. I agree, V9707 is wearable.

    Thanks for your tip about fixative - I am ordering some Retayne online to someone who delivers this stuff to Australia - many companies don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good news Sarah Liz. I wondered about the feasibility of shipping the chemical.

      Delete
  2. I am always for a little bling:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh. I totally love that black lace dress, too, but have no place to wear it! Gorgeousness. I love how they placed the motives on the bodice. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tia Dia, What about a knit mesh in a swirl of colors? That would make this a very interesting day dress.

      Delete
  4. I like the 5 easy pieces as well. My idea of at-home-almost-a-pj dressing that still goes out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, we DO think alike, don't we?

      Delete
  5. It is wonderful to see dresses becoming more and more popular. My mother used to say, "You're never out of place in a dress." Of course that was the 60's. I'd love the white cut-out dress is a color, maybe eggplant. I also love the 5 easy pieces top not so much the pants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about the cut out dress-why they chose white is perplexing...a deep color would have looked amazing. The white just isn't right for a winter collection IMHO.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.