This is day 3 of our new life here in Arizona, and so far I have learned that:
1. 90F is much cooler than 100F
2. The moving company doesn't travel as fast as the client, and the furniture is sure to come days later.
3. The wire on all the gates in our development is to keep rattlesnakes out and so far it is working.
4. The wire will, however, trap lizards who try to sneak through the little squares.
5. If you rub a lizard tummy, they will relax and you can pull the little guy all the way through the wire squares to safety.
6. Doves will nest pretty much wherever they can, and are awfully messy. I have relocated a pair so far.
7. There are so may stores, and choices, for me here. I have missed shopping for 30 years!
8. Reading about sewing is not a substitute for doing it. Where is my sewing machine?
9. Moving to a 55+ community when one is 59 makes one feel young
10. The motels along the way from Oregon to Arizona include some very questionable rooms.