Sunday, March 30, 2014

Homecoming

Walking into my home after 3 months on the road was like...(I almost typed "coming home").

All I can say is that I am a true homebody and I love to putter around my house.  Today I started on Christine Jonson's Inset Jacket.  I worked through some tissue fitting and a small amount of math, and decided to be bold and cut small.  Somehow my mat stayed in Tucson so after laying out my fabric, I pinned carefully and cut with actual SCISSORS.  My goodness folks, rayon is slippery.

Here is my fabric:
After marking the pieces, and reviewing what I need to do in the construction, I took little Nick for a walk.  We both enjoy short walks-well, he could go for hours but my neighborhood is hills and it's still cold.  In fact, it snowed a bit last night.  So, a short walk it was.

I also spent some quality time with very fuzzy, very muddy horses.  I scraped mud, I untangled manes, I brushed and pulled and brushed again.  I used a grill brick to scrape out some of the underlying loose hair.  Big Nick was happy to see me, and we saddled up for a short ride.  The arena is still a bit gummy, but the fields are worse so we headed to the outdoor arena.  After a short warm up, it was walk, trot, canter both directions and some gymnastics with poles.  What a GOOD boy he was!  He hasn't been ridden for 3 months, and I just hopped on and away we went.

Dinner is cooking in the crockpot and I am heading down to the sewing cave for some quality time with my Elna.  Happy Sunday everyone!

17 comments:

  1. We've been home from FL for a week and I still can't see my cutting tables! I'm in awe that you're sewing already! :)

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wait until I spring the even bigger news. You will think I am Superwoman!

      Delete
  2. I thought the cowboy was going to ride Nick while you were away. Impressed he was so good after three months off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He ended up with a triple bypass, and we agreed that horse training was not a good idea.

      Delete
  3. You got a lot done for your first day back! That fabric is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed you...love that fabric! Welcome home...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We bypassed SoCal on the way home, and it would have been great to camp at Refugio Beach and meet up with you. Future plans, k?

      Delete
  5. I love you and everything you say and everything you do! Just had to blurt that out Miss Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back, Mary! Big changes are afoot, but it sounds like wonderful changes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, big. I'm excited, enthused, and anxious. It will all be fine but the waiting is hard.

      Delete
  7. I have been wondering about Big Nick and whether he would be well behaved when you came back :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you've had the PERFECT day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy you're back safely and the horses survived without you! Can't wait to hear the Bigger News.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back, and I'm sdelighted to hear that big Nick was happy to see you - what a good sign!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is nice to hear you are sewing again. Happy homecoming.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.