Saturday, July 20, 2013

flirty skirt

This Sandra Betzina skirt keeps calling to me.  I have some lovely knit stashed away-in tones of taupe, brown and cream-and think those colors would be a nice fall palette. If you compare this version, which I think is from Sandra's closet, to the line drawing, you will see some differences.  The hem in the blue skirt looks even all around, while the line drawing shows an angle.  There is a yoke on this skirt, and the line drawing shows no yoke.

I know some of my readers will be able to answer these questions: Is the blue skirt from V1333 or is it a different version of this style?  And, more importantly, can I easily draft a yoke to mimic the blue skirt?

In other news, I am almost done with Nick's Trailer Training (hurray! What a star! No where to go but up from where we started) and the mammoth yard project continues at a slower pace.  I am itching to get back to my sewing studio and have some black and grey knit mesh set out for a pj set, some grey animal print in a light cotton knit for a top or two, and some colorful dotted knit for a dress.

Plans, dreams and hopes=the stuff of a full life.

9 comments:

  1. I like this skirt too.. Really pretty..
    I so understand the "things in life" definitely keep us from the sewing room.. I have tons of ideas but not enough time.ha.
    Happy sewing and dreaming.ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tons of ideas here too...I try to make lists and stick to them.

      Delete
  2. It looks like a combination of Vogue 1018 and 1333 as 1018 has the yoke but more tucks/gathers than 1333. I saw Sandra at the 2012 Chantilly Expo, and she said that 1333 is a scaled-down version of 1018.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula, that sounds right. I believe she might have discussed the same think at PR Weekend this year.

      Delete
  3. Mary, Cute skirt and I would think re-drafting a wider, shaped yoke would be pretty straightforward. I know you can do it! :)
    On the skirt note, I wish I could find one a bit flirty and long to wear under tunics, not a knit. Linen I think, linen never fails me.
    Stay cool! And gold bandaids to Nick the large.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty skirt. Do you have a straight skirt pattern with a good fit? You can just use the top part of that for a yoke, saves drafting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That skirt is beautiful - I'm not over familiar with all of Sandra Betzina's skirts, so I'll not offer an opinion on that.

    Sewing plans are great - and you seem to follow through to completion. Watch out Nick :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like the skirt pattern she uses in her craftsy class. I signed up for the class but haven't taken it yet. Can't wait to see your skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would love to see how the finished product turned out!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.