Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Restaurant review



Tonight Mr. Biblioblog and I decided to treat ourselves to a nice dinner out while we taped the last presidential debate.  What could be better than some good food, served by an attentive waitperson, in a lovely setting?  Well, if you come to Klamath Falls, you may want to skip Rooster's and go directly to Burger King.  

Here is Ross' Facebook post and my comment.  We miss real restaurants.

Dinner at Rooster's tonight: My steak was as tough as a rooster. Maybe that's why they call it Rooster's.
I'm pretty sure our waitress was on speed.
When we left, I noticed the TV in the bar was showing Fox News commentary on the debate. Nothing like Sean Hannity to give me indigestion.
This is strike two against Rooster's. I don't think I'll give them a third at-bat.
Like ·  · Share · 17 minutes ago · 
  • Mary Carroll My dinner was really good, but I have to agree with Ross. The waitress couldn't have done a worse job of trying to hide her addiction. When she brought my coffee, she almost threw it onto the table, splashing coffee all over the outside of the cup and onto the tablecloth. There was a moment of silence, and then an offhand "sorry" from her. No attempt to clean it up, check on my clothes, or get a new cup. I almost wanted to direct her to a meeting.
    4 minutes ago · Like

8 comments:

  1. I swear, a bad wait staff can ruin a perfect meal. But they do make for good stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, they do. I waited tables all through college, and it's a hard job but fun.

      Delete
  2. Duly noted! There is a Roosters in Medford I think, I've never eaten there and likely it won't be on my short list anytime soon. Hope you had a fine dessert though to go with your taped debate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theresa, this is the only one. The food has been very good-excellent except for Ross' steak last night. We tend to buy extremely good cuts of beef when we do eat beef and so he just chalked it up to quality of the cut, not the chef. My Steak Diane was perfect. If only the waitperson had been "sober".

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is bad. Having 2 teenaged kids (though not for long! one turns 20 in a couple weeks), this makes me sad.

    Did I miss your blog post on your fleece jacket? I saw it on FB and you look amazing in it! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi shams, Facebook slipped that post back into the queue...it's a jacket I made last year. Nice huh? I should make it again with a better quality of fleece and underlining. This was stuff from JA.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog! Yours looks really interesting--I love coffee and books too and will start following it. peg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, that is always a very awkward situation to be in. I mean, you feel bad because she is in a life-ruining situation, but at the same time, she has a job to do. Ugh. I hope you enjoyed your dinner anyway!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.