Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Hey!

Hi.

I'm a bit overwhelmed with projects, activities, new additions to my family, and technology.

I don't think I can form a coherent paragraph.

Life is full, exciting, fun, frustrating, challenging, and rewarding.  Yes, all of those things.

Let's just do the list thingie, okay?

1. I am done with V1313---> I look JUST like the model when I wear it.  Well, except my hair is grey, and at the moment I am covered in arena dust and horse sweat.  I will write a review, and you will enjoy reading about this marvelous design which is almost ruined by awful instructions.

2. Monday I drove into Ashland, OR with Theresa, of Camp Runamuck.  We met up with Sharon, of Communing With Fabric, who had traveled from the Bay Area to drop her daughter off at college.  We helped Sharon deal with her almost empty nest by ...going shopping for fabric!  Of course, you say.  If you would love to peek into this fun PR meetup day, go to Sharon's blog...because I forgot to bring my camera and I carry a Tracfone.  My phone only makes and receives calls, which is what a phone is supposed to do.

3. Woodrow is living full time in the pasture now and officially retired.  I switched out his bridle to one which is minimal, and promised him that we would only do what he wanted from now on.  This is probably a big fat lie, but it makes both of us feel better right now.
 4. I have two Nicks in my life now.  Here is the first one--->


and here is the second one--->



Nick was raised by Theresa, of Camp Runamuck fame, and I am so honored that she offered me the chance to continue Nick's training and give him some new experiences.  Nick is a 9 year old Bashkir Curly gelding and is ready for a job in life.  He will be my main riding horse and will learn basic dressage, how to camp with people and other horses, navigate trails and generally be a companion.  Since arriving at my barn, he has met 21 other horses, learned about mares, been threatened by a grouchy old gelding (not Woodrow), and been ridden in the arena twice.  Oh, and a bath, new tack, different rules, lots of people...he is in heaven.  

My husband calls it the Horsey Hilton.  

Thank you Theresa!!  





26 comments:

  1. I am so envious...not one but two horses in your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha, double trouble, and double expense. That's the reality of my obsession. :-)

      Delete
  2. I bet your husband will love vogue 1313.
    Good luck with the challenge of your new horse and I think little Nick is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he does like it. Quite the opposite of my "matronly" blouse. and little Nick is adorable, isn't he?

      Delete
  3. The pre-purchase exam (by my husband the vet) on my "dream horse" is scheduled for 11 a.m. Friday. I got to go on a trail ride with him yesterday and it only confirmed how much I already love this horse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

      Delete
  4. I know a farrier! Ok, that wasn't relevant, it is the only horsey related thing I could share. Bless you and Theresa for helping a Mom with shopping- you do the Lords work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so funny! Theresa and I are actually angels sent here to help others with their shopping...

      Delete
  5. You're welcome Mary! Oh...new tack. Did BN get a new bridle? So instead of toys bring a costume for LN? ;) Can hardly wait to see everything Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No new tack yet, just Woody's old bridle so I can easily change back and forth on the 2 styles of snaffle. Next month=new bridle but I can't decide on a color.

      Delete
  6. I am so impressed that you can find time to sew and manage proper horse care!! I guess I don't have to tell you to have fun.....or how to do it - lol

    Looking forward to the dress review but no pressure:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well Lynne, I am lucky to be able to be retired. If I was still working, I could never do this. Even when I had time, I was exhausted from 150 junior high students.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like lots (and fun!) going on. Congrats on the new addition your family - he looks like a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea, he is super flashy.

      Delete
  8. I am so jealous that you can combine your horses with sewing. Great choice of hobbies. I checked out Sham's blog, looked like you girls had a ball.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you do when not sewing? I love to be active outdoors.

      Delete
  9. It was SO much fun meeting you, Mary! Woodrow has earned his first class retirement and your new baby is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks shams...Woodrow is still my main man...

      Delete
  10. Your horses are clearly on their Reward Life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) yes, it's a pretty cushy lifestyle.

      Delete
  11. Nick looks so full of spirit, and in spite of your claim that you're overwhelmed, you SOUND full of spirit too! I wish I could have popped on up there to meet with y'all - it sounds like it was a great day!

    Here's to a fun and rewarding relationship with your new Nick, and may Woodrow have everything he wants while you're out galavanting with the new fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you have a lot going on at the moment, good luck with the new addition to the household. I know very little about horses, but I can imagine it to be a great way of spending time both taking care of animals, and being able to be outdoors. Sounds like a nice compliment to sewing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I can see how busy you have been this summer.. Enjoying reading your blog entries.. Im 20 days from Australia trip..Will be there a month... Then my youngest daughter and her two young men will be moving here ( with us) until she finds a house to rent... The I am off to Hawaii for 9 days. Its been a great summer and Im not thinking snow and wet and dreary Winter... Christmas will be fun though with the grandsons living here... Take care and enjoy your retirement...sewing and horses...
    It is great huh?
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Busy lady, but you sound sound so happy. Nick and Nick are beautiful. And of course Woodrow is the most handsome of all. I like your devotion to your old friend. Now - the dress. Wow, it's a stunner - hurry up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I can't WAIT to see your Vogue 1313! I have mine on the sewing pile and can't wait to get started! Enjoy your weekend, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bet that Vogue dress looks wonderful on you. Congrats on another horse in your life. Since I find living with two dogs enough of an animal challenge, I'm now doubly impressed that you are sewing as well as acclimating Nick to his new home.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.