...with a pattern? I am making Vogue 8815, a very plain looking top which happens to have a peplum.
I found some wonderful brown and black gingham in my stash
in the form of a Goodwill dress--->perfect!
I have chosen to make it as designed, with only alterations needed for fit. I left the neckline high, and used the sleeveless version (A). The waist seam dips a bit in back and the peplum is slightly longer there on me. Here is what I have so far: everything is done, except the final hemming. I have attached hem lace, and pinned it. There is a lot of fabric to gather as I hand sew the hem, and so I'll wait until tomorrow to do that last step.
The fit is probably the best I have achieved since I started sewing 4 years ago, and I *almost* got the checks matched up.
Stay tuned for the pattern review, and an update on what I have been doing since Design Outside the Lines.