Wednesday, April 18, 2012

whew...glad that's over!



 and now all we have to do is wait for the biopsy report and the bills.

Mr. Biblioblog is at home and doing fine.  He is tired, as can be expected.  I am too.

It has been a long 4+ months since we were told something was not quite right.

I am going to give myself a week or so to get my spirit back.  I am done in.

Sewing related trivia: a number of people asked where I got the fabric for the blouse in my last post.  It was a lucky find at Goodwill.  It had been bleached before donation I think, because the fabric is very fragile.  There was Japanese kanji on the selvage, and the words 100% cotton.  The main part of the fabric is white, and so sheer that I cannot see using it for clothing.  I'll use it for sew in interfacing most likely.  I think it was bought  long ago and intended for a child's dress.  It is really pretty, isn't it?  $2.99 for the piece.

I sewed 5 buttonholes without so much as one problem (thank you to the sewing gods) and then added some nice golden vintage buttons.  I must have been in a nervous state because they looked awful.  I took them off and redid all 5 buttons only to find the the last one was off.  Third time was the charm.  All the buttons are on, the hem is measured, folded up, measured again, and pinned.  I'm going to wait to hand sew the hem after I am a bit more rested.

Thank you to all of you for comments, support and patience during this time.  I am almost caught up with reading blogs, and checking PR gallery and looking over Burdastyle.  It will be some time before I jump back in with both feet...but I am reading and admiring!

15 comments:

  1. Gentle hugs and smiles for you...both of you. It's nice to hear that you can have some rest time, and recognize that you need it! Will be thinking of you with an open heart and smiles (and remember to wear a smile on your face as often as possible! I find it always helps, in pretty much any situation) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that things went smoothly, sending hugs your way. Take as much time as you need to recover. Please be good to yourself:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take as much time to recover, both you and Mr. Biblioblog, as you need, and best wishes for good test results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Warm thoughts and good wishes to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck - it is a relief that something is now happening and crossing fingers that the results will come back fine. take it easy and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes to your both and I hope Mr B gets good test results.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear all is well, and best wishes for a speedy post-op recovery :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Add my thoughts from the other side of the pond too - we all get distracted from blogging, keeping up with PR etc and usually for a good reason, and yours is better than most.

    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad everything went well with the surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking of you. Hang tough, be easy on yourself, and enjoy wearing that pretty yellow flowered blouse.

    Sigrid

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sending good karma your way, Mary, from my little corner of the universe. I hope for rest for you both and a speedy return to your creative self.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad to hear your husband is home. That really makes everything better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad he is home, and best wishes to him, and to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy to read you are both home and recuperating! Your yellow floral blouse is gorgeous and will look beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.