Sunday, April 15, 2012

Takin' care of business...


Just a little detail to add to my last note.  I am participating in MMM'12 next month and hope to see some of you there.  This is my challenge for myself:

 I, Mary of kf-biblioblog, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '12. I endeavour to wear at least one me-made item each day, and increase my me-made dresses/skirts by 4 for the duration of May 2012


Butterick 4811 standing collar
& cap sleeves

I loved these challenges in the past and learned so much about styling, sewing, and photography.  I also met some great new people and was so inspired by their blogs.  This is my hope for this year-that I continue to learn how to put together a stylish and well sewn wardrobe, while supporting others in their own challenges.
4 darts added along waistline
to add subtle shaping


The photos show my current project.   This will be a summer blouse to wear with my yellow skirt, jeans, and rust colored capris.  





Today my sweetie and I are doing our "own thing".  He is off on his motorcycle and I am organizing our menu for the next week.  He has ordered steak for tonight, and wants real whipped cream and some chocolate ice cream for his return from the hospital.  Good lord, I hope no one checks his cholesterol anytime soon!  He is feeling slightly smug as one of the techs said to him "Wow, you are in great shape for your mid 60s!".  I have some healthy food planned, along with some deliciously sinful desserts and treats.  It all balances out....  I think...  probably.... oh well...
as long as he is happy while recovering.  

Spring has finally arrived in the Basin~have a great Sunday,

                                                          Mary

10 comments:

  1. Where did you get that wondrous fabric??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodwill! It is a very light Japanese cotton, and not very sturdy. I think the blouse will last if handwashed and babied. I have no idea how old the fabric is. Isn't it great?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That new shirt looks gorgeous! Best wishes for your husband's recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So summery! What a pretty, retro look, great for hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful little top - glad to see you back on line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blouse!
    Can't wait to see your outfits in May. I'm still deliberating about joining in on Me-Made-May.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dinner for tonight sounds delish! The blouse is super pretty, and I am looking forward to seeing you over in me-made May!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the dinner was just perfect.I want to know where you got that beautiful fabric????

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad to hear the surgery was successful! That blouse is gorg--love the yellow print and the crisp shape.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy to know your husband is okay...and your May blouse is SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.