Thursday, December 29, 2011

  

 Sit down with a nice cup of tea and consider what you have         
                              accomplished this year.

What have you learned?  What have you taught?


What risks have you taken?  Who have you helped?




How did you manage your life, with all its ups and downs?




Did you give yourself some down time when you needed it?




Did you build walls, or break them down?



Did you find joy in the smallest things?  

Each of you has given me so much this year, and I will continue to be grateful for your support and friendship.  You have taught me about fashion, sewing, style, being an adult in difficult times, how to maintain positive boundaries  while being open to new people and ideas, and finally, how to care for myself  while caring for others.


         ~~~~Wishing you the very best in 2012~~~~
                                       mary

14 comments:

  1. What an inspiring post! I've been looking forward but now realize that I also need to look back. It was a very full year, and this is a good time to review it, absorb it, and use these lessons in preparing for the next. I've already put the water on to boil for my cuppa tea :)

    Thank you for everything I've learned from you this year and for your friendship. Have a very wonderful and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you for that post. It really made me think. I always tend to focus on all that I haven't accomplished, haven't finished, etc, etc. You made me think of the positives. Definitely a much better way to exit the old year.
    Have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May the New Year be filled with new friends, Adventures,entertainment,new challenges and good old fashion fun. Happy New Year My friend.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm food for thought! Thank you for these inspiring words. For my part, I thank you for your own kind words and thoughts and inspiring ideas that you post here on your blog, as well as your thoughtful comments on mine.
    And best wishes for an equally fulfilling 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, what a great post Mary. It is indeed a good time for reflection, and your list is thought-provoking (plus that pic of a hamster (?) is adorable!).
    Wishing you everything good in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary , these are powerful , inspiring and just lovely thoughts . Thanks so much. Happy New Year to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the thoughtfulness and the smiles :) May your new year be abundant with blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely, thoughtful post. Here's to a good new year for all the peoples of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's to the best sewing and blogging ever in 2012! I so look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the insights. . . and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this post. Happy New Year Mary! and thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on pressing my stubborn thick seams. Looking forward to continuing to follow along in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year, Mary! Hope 2012 is happy and healthy for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I echo Irene's comment. I tend to focus on what didn't get done, rather than cheerfully looking ahead. But tomorrow is a new day, and enjoying the moment is what life is about. Looking forward to reading your posts in 2012!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.