Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Where the heck have I been?




Hi readers!  I have been thinking of you...could you tell?  I am in the midst of a creative storm recently and just could NOT find the proper mindset to share with you.  I have made a number of tops and tunics, I have a vest on my work table right now and have pants and a casual jacket lined up in the wings.  The first project was one very dear to me-the Waterfall tunic and you can read about it   here for the background.  I finished this tunic and after some days reflection, I can say I learned an incredible amount about 1)drafting and draping 2)technical sewing  & 3)myself.  I like the tunic (from the front) and will wear it this year but I need to consolidate what I have learned by making another draft of this. Waterfall review



Sorbetto by Colette Patterns
After extending so far on the above project, I happily made up some cowl tops and a floral,  flannel Sorbetto.                                        
Vogue 8597-this *is* my happy face
Vogue 8634-this really is my happy face
 I am also working on a vest using McCalls 6444 in a very faint dusty rose color.  It looks like, um, dirt.  I'm hoping to finish up construction tonight and then decide on a surface embellishment.  I am leaning toward cording, IF I can find a foot in town.  If not, I may screen print the vest.

Project plan
Vogue 8688 View A"sweatshirt" in turquoise
Clover pants either grey knit or tweed wool
Simplicity 2024 jacket in deep blue fleece

Besides sewing, I have been cooking.  My husband missed home cooking while he was in Mexico-our hosts were not the greatest cooks.  So, I have been making lots of old favorites and some new dishes too.  Here is a recipe for what has to be the BEST meal I have ever served--->
The Ultimate Chicken Pot Pie

Until later, Mary
ps: Have you been feeding the koi?

16 comments:

  1. Mary.. I love the pink top and the blue hoodie vest
    You do beautiful work.. And I especially love your very happy face :) Were home re grouping before we leave again..I have TONS of stuff going on.. and have done absolutely No reading..:( Christmas gifts are taking my creativity time... which is good.. Take care ill be following you here....
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I missed the review of your waterfall - I commented on PR, but I have to say it again - you look STUNNING in that outfit! I hope you try the top again, with the necessary tweaks, because I really think it holds a lot of promise!

    Actually, everything you've posted above looks great! I love the turquoise hoodie/vest - I look forward to seeing that, & may need to add it to my repertoire...I'm sort of on a vest binge these days....

    Thanks for reminder...I just fed the little guys again....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cowl top on you - casual elegance :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your waterfall top turned out great - your outfit/look is awesome (so jealous here :)

    Your acomplishments have certainly put me to shame! I've been reading instead of crafting for the past two weeks. Now that I see your creativity, it's time to dust of my sewing machine.

    Love the koi...they're fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've had a wonderfully fertile time. You are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, send some of that creativity my way! The waterfall top really is special, and I love how you styled it with skinny pants and boots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a amazing array of projects! You look wonderful in all your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore that waterfall, I really do, and I bet it'll grow on you. The cowl neck just looks so great!
    I've been cooking a lot lately, too. Thanks for the recipe links!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been sewing up a storm!!! The waterfall tunic is gorgeous--so creative and looks like a fun piece to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been busy and creative; I really like the new things! And thank you for that link to the recipe; sounds like a wonderful winter warmer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary,
    I just found your blog via PR and it's wonderful! I'm not too far from you, up in the Greensprings outside of Ashland, sew, weave, have JRT's and 3 horses. And yes, I fed the koi!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! you´ve been so productive! So many nice pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, you have been busy! So glad the tunic worked out. I think the vest with a hood will be fun to wear too. Must try the ultimate chicken pot pie recipe. I just made parmesan puffs (new recipe) to take to a Christmas party tonight. I think I like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!! You look so cool in that first outfit! It looks like a fashion shoot with your hair all blown to the side and everything... five stars!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have been sewing up a storm! You look super cool in that first outfit. I love th floral Sorbetto top and the draped vest too.i hope you can post some of these at Sew& Tell Saturday! The chicken pot pie sounds so good too! My mom is staying here and has been cooking yummy comfort food. My waistline is expanding thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the pink cowl top, it really looks good. A flannel sorbetto top, what a great idea, never thought of it this summer when I was making pj's, it would have been a great top for summer pj's.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.