Saturday, October 15, 2011

New Look

Not the pattern line, but Blogger.  I am playing with a new template and really enjoy the richness of the visual display.  If you click on the blog title in the upper left hand corner, you will see an array of photos from my blog.   However, all the foundation pieces are not easily seen-important elements like you, the followers!  And the blog list.  And my badges, links and icons.  But still, the display is like a box of candy...try a dark chocolate, or a nougat, or a truffle.  Readers can more easily pick what they would like to read, as well as reading sequentially.

I'd appreciate a quick comment for feedback-do you prefer the classic blog or this version?

8 comments:

  1. Mary, I like it! It's fresh looking and a bit like eye candy - so much to look at. Change is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought NO on the new format, but really it took me no time to figure it out. Either way is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, Thanks for trying this out. It has given me an opportunity to explore it without making the commitment myself. Personally I love it. As with any change it takes a while to get figured out, but I really think it helps you explore the blog better. Great eye candy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmmm.....am I missing something here? I don't see any way at all to access the blogroll, followers, & links. The look is definitely eye candy, but it seems like it's only one-blog-centric; i.e., the social aspect of finding & visiting other blogs is valuable to me! You said they're "not easily seen" - I don't find them at all.... I'm confused.....?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This format is called flipcard and header right below the title (biblioblog)should show "classic" on the far left. Clicking on classic should bring up the old format.

    As always, does that work for you, the reader? Feedback from you is invaluable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. no, clicking on classic will not bring up the old interface. I think what this means is that we, as bloggers, can choose to show our blog rolls etc in the old interface or use this one, and NOT show them. I'll check further.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have changed the look of my blog, but kept the blogroll and other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary when you had the new interface up, I could select all of those options (classic, flipcard, etc.), but none of them had any of the 'add-ons' that the old interface showed.

    I don't think I'll be changing my blog over to this interface.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.