Saturday, October 15, 2011

New Look revisited and things that piss me off

And once again, not the pattern line.  I really, really, really like the dynamic interface that Blogger is testing (on us) and really, really, really wish they had thought through all the issues before launching it.

Here's my decision, readers.   I am going to stay with the old, unimproved interface for most of the time.  While almost everyone who spoke liked the new interface, there is the teeny problem of not seeing the blogroll, the followers, the gadgets, and the darling jack russell drawing in the top corner.  I mean, really!  No jrt at biblioblog?  It just won't do.  I explored backcountry at Blogger and learned that most of us blogger types want to see and interact with all parts of a blog.  We enjoy clicking around in nooks and crannies.

The visual array of the dynamic interface is astounding to me...I love it.  So, because I am the master of this little universe, I am going to use the dynamic view once in awhile.  Have cake/eat cake.  Done.

6 comments:

  1. Uhm, yes. That is exactly what I thought. The new template looks too much like Tumblr, which has a different concept in my opinion. I want to have the blogrol and list of friends visible. I'm so thankful to have blogging friends and want to let other access their blogs easily, as well. And who doesn't love "blogwalking"? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are back. I couldn't see anything the other day except a whole lot of pictures and nothing else. This is much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree with you, I am not feeling the new blogger platform.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm frightened of trying out the new interface, since Karin's blog had got corrupted somehow. (She started a new one, Sew here we go again) I don't want to lose mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I looked at your previous post, it looked nothing like the old version, and I looked at it in different ways. After I posted my comment, it went back to looking like the old way. It was kind of confusing, but I'm glad you got your blog roll and other stuff back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you know I switched over as well, and it kept me up last night...no joke. I do not "blog walk" so I like the images and found myself checking out past posts of yours that I was not familiar with, but seeing the picture tile, caused me to click. I also feel it gives a better sense of the overall focus of the blog, its all there in pictures. I was a little dismayed over losing my hard learned gadgets and buttons... but I am still on the fence as well, but think I will give it some time, because I did not have the good sense to save a copy!!! So to change back will require a load of work....again. Honestly what was I thinking? Maybe I will move to Wordpress...or just sew

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.