Sunday, October 16, 2011

Award winning blogs

This week, Andrea of stitch parade tagged me with the Versatile Blogger award.  Thanks Andrea!  The award has three conditions:

  • Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post;
  • Share seven things about yourself on your blog; and
  • Pass this award along to recently discovered blogs.
Before spilling my guts with seven secrets, I want to say something about Andrea and her blog.  I attempted Self Stitched September yet again this year and while I did wear handmade clothing each day, I couldn't get excited about photographing each outfit.  Andrea was able to do it though and I was totally impressed.  Her posts and photos were always interesting and I got a lot of styling ideas from her.  It was fun to get to know her through this challenge.  

Okay, now for the seven things about me:
at Crater Lake
1.  I have been married for 36 years to an adventurous, interesting and creative man.  We met when I was hitchhiking and he gave me a ride.  


Latte
2.  We have no children, nor did we plan on any.  We do have dogs, and a horse, and have shared our home with sweet rats, a hognose snake, a lovebird, a goat, and occasionally a cat (not at the same time).
3.  We sometimes travel on our own.  Right now Mr. Biblioblog is in Mexico, where I will join him for a short visit beginning tomorrow.  
4.  I learned how to ride horses in my first year of teaching.  One of my students taught me on her cutting horse.  I continued taking lessons and eventually began studying dressage.  I showed in dressage in Oregon and northern California but found my real love in endurance or distance riding.  I rode in my first endurance race at age 50.  
Woodrow and I 
5.  I was a high school dropout.  I did graduate later, but only because I wanted to do well in college and it was suggested to me to do that step.  
6.  I taught junior high science for most of my career, and worked in a high poverty/high risk school.  
7.  I don't drink alcohol or use drugs. We all have a limit, and I have reached mine :-) so now I live a sober lifestyle.  

I am outgoing but love to be alone, am cheerful and positive but suffer from depression, have a quick temper but am very forgiving of others.  In short, a Gemini.  

I pass on the Versatile Blogger award to the following blogs:
country girl couture: style with a midwestern flavor.  Melynda sews beautiful dresses and writes like an angel.  
Analog me: Sigrid is not only a talented and inspiring seamstress, but writes with such humor!
Sewing cafe:  Lynne is so accomplished and energetic.  I love reading about her projects.
MezzoCouture: TiaDia sews everything from smocking on children's clothes to bombshell dresses.  She is so inspiring.

Finally, readers, I am off on a Mexican holiday.  I'll see you in 10 days.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome post! And thank you for the blog links, some of which are new to me, & I'm already enjoying the :)

    Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy in Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, and I hope you have a wonderful time in Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You met your husband while hitch-hiking? How cool is that! Have a fabulous time in México!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratz on the award! I do always enjoy reading your blog. :) Totally deserved
    I grew up with horses, and am so impressed at your riding. I haven't ridden in far too long.
    And enjoy your Mexican holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations for the awards and enjoy your Mexican holiday. Your blog is very refreshing and always up to date. I love it and read it all the time.

    classified ads

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.