Monday, September 19, 2011

back to real life

We are back from camping and have immediately begun working around the house, taking care of details for winter and generally being responsible adults.  What a bummer!  I have numerous sewing projects in the works, and must set aside time for them.  I also have the upper terraces to clean up before the leaves fall...so I can clean up again.  Hmmm, maybe a different plan is in order for the yard?

I don't have ANYTHING to show you from my sewing room.  I do have plans, fabric, patterns and a general timeline in place.       Blogger is having a teeny breakdown right now so I'll wait on the fabric pic.

Our camping trip was just wonderful.  We stayed at the Washburne State Park just north of Florence, Oregon.  This
part of the coast is generally cool and foggy, but we had sun every single day.  We camped in the trees, and each day walked the 1/2 mile through the mossy woods to the beach where the dogs had so much fun running, running, running.  After beach time, we would go on separate exercise walks/hikes, and then meet back for reading, cooking, and more walks around the campground.  It was a lovely time-I have never seem that much sun on our coast.


Here are a few pictures to enjoy:

"Our" beach

My dear dog Bandit at 14 years old

7 comments:

  1. Very nice -- looks so relaxing. It really is hard when all the other things like yard and house get in the way of sewing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an absolutely wonderful trip. Yes, yard and house work here, too, now that the summer heat has gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Home Mary,
    You returned to nice weather here too.. Looks like you will ahve plenty time to "winterize". I headed to Rootstalk In Salem in Wednesday until Sunday and my husband said he wants to go to Eastern Oregon camping before the weather turns cold so it looks like I will be off again as soona s I return.. I love this life.. will be posting pix when I return..
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, and what lovely pictures of your holiday! "Your" beach, such great words. You must be feeling so relaxed, ooer, except for the winter clean-up plans... Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! You sure did luck out with sun at the Oregon coast. Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds wonderful! We could do with a bit of sun here on the East coast. I think you gave us your rain--I feel like I am living in Seattle lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like such a wonderful trip! You beautiful pictures make me miss the Oregon coast sooo much. We just moved away from the Nehalem/Manzanita area back to the valley. So glad you got to enjoy some sunny weather at the beach, and Bandit looks to be having a blast!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.