Tuesday, August 16, 2011

camping and some trail riding

I'll be gone a few days to rest and recharge. We are taking the trailer up to Lily Glen this week for some family time and to enjoy the crisp weather we are starting to have.  Everybody is going-that means me, Ross, the dogs and the horse.  Soooo, the plan this morning is to move the Arctic Fox trailer up to the camp, set up, then I'll go back down to the basin and hook up the horse trailer, load Woodrow and drive back up.

It seems like a lot of work just to bring Woody but the camp is an equestrian park and has safe corrals, lots of trails, jumps (though we do not jump), water crossings, sometimes even cows to spook at.  whee!  He deserves a vacation, and so do we.



We are looking forward to some quiet time away from the immense demands of our retired life ;-p




I'll be sure to take lots of pics and keep track of the fun things we do.  Ride, hike, play with the terriers, eat smokies and burgers, and maybe even play a little badminton...




I am currently reading the first book of The Hunger Games and really entranced by the story.  I may just spend much of my time with my Kindle.  I'll see you all in a few days.

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a horse! Fun. And I'm somewhat jealous.

    I read The Hunger Games while on vacation this year, and couldn't put it down. Or the rest of the trilogy, which I also had the foresight to add to my Kindle. Which was all well and good, except I had some really freaky dreams connected to it during the 4 days that I read the 3 books in....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a really grand time!
    I do envy you, having a horse! I haven't been on one since my teens, but I do remember loving to ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, that does sound like a perfectly wonderful trip; tailor-made for all your family, including the 4 legged ones! I hope you have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful trip. And everyone needs some time away from the grueling grind. `-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a safe, relaxing, and fun trip! Oh, I envy you, I have not had a chance to go camping this year.
    You have a beautiful horse! I miss horseback riding as well, it's been years....

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.