Sunday, July 17, 2011

my camera came home

I have my camera back!!  It is a bit worse for wear, but usable.  True story-I dropped it tonight and got a message saying "lens error-restart camera".  That did NOT work so I Googled the message.  Others have had this happen to their little Canon Powershots and the fix is.........

bang it repeatedly on a hard surface until the message goes away.

yes.

It works.

Don't tell Ross, ok?  oops, he reads this blog.  Honey, we might need a new camera.

Here are two of my sewing projects.


 The pants above are from an OOP pattern Simplicity 5921.  I think it is still available on Ebay.  The pants are very minimal-there are 2 darts in front and 4 behind.  The zipper is in the back & there is no waistband.  This is the perfect pattern for a short hourglass shape!  Don't you love patterns that sew up fast and have good results?  I think I am in love with this slacks pattern.

The dress is Vogue 8645, and was an experiment for me.  I like the loose, easy feel to this dress, but I was concerned that it would make my look like a little potato.  I'm happy to say that it doesn't...but I do need to fiddle with the fabric belt as it moves around my fluffy parts.  I think I'll probably try a commercial belt with this.  Aren't the ties at the shoulder cute?  This was a muslin, and I will make this up again in a lightweight cotton blend.

That's all for tonight.  I wanted to share just a bit; I will be back to blogging this week.  If my Powershot cannot be revived again by "banging repeatedly on a hard surface", I'll just have to go shopping.  

12 comments:

  1. The pants are terrific! They look so professional. I love the styling of the pants and skirt in that pattern. The dress is super cute, too. Perfect for mid-summer!

    It's a shame to hear about your camera (cough, cough), and I hope you'll be able to replace your little photo-snapping friend soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your Blog. Digital cameras have made photography affordable, quick and easy even for non-professionals. By following a few simple principles, even beginners can take photos.

    Jimmy Jib

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the high tech camera fix!

    The pants look like a great staple and the dress is so cute! I think the style really suits you; I do not see any fluffy bits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your camera fix cracks me up!!!

    Both the pants and the dress look so good on you, but I particularly like the dress...the coloring, styling, all of it looks like a perfect match for you! It's seeing projects like this that keep moving me into being ready to both make a dress, and maybe even wear the one (or two?) that I own. It would help if the sun would stay out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny! Love the dress on you. It certainly doesn't look like a muslin. It's great. I agree about the pants - gotta have a TNT pattern for pants, don't you? Nice work. Glad your camera is back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha...I've always tried shaking electronic devices that stopped working, but maybe I'll have to give them a good knock instead :)

    Both things look great! I'm envious of your TNT slacks pattern. That's something I'm struggling with. The dress is really pretty! Not a potato sack in sight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dress, "like a little potato"? Not! You look lovely. I can't believe you called it a muslin!
    And the pants are winners... I hope the camera pulls through!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't see why we need a new camera when you're so adept at repairing ours.

    I love the dress.

    ross

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no, your poor camera. But really, I'm glad you got it working, I hope it keeps working!
    I think the dress is lovely, the print is so perfect for that dress, it looks fantastic. I agree with the others, it doesn't look like a muslin at all, and certainly not like a potato sack. It's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress looks lovely on you. Love the shoulder detail.
    Good luck with the camera! I know what that feels like - I dropped mine only one month after I bought it, and I really did a number on it. Warranties do not cover such moments. Had to buy another one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely dress. It has that relaxed yet sophisticated vibe about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its really a great post.Thanks for the update.There is a scope to reach out for the best with the power of information in our hands that i got from your post.
    film production company

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.