Thursday, May 26, 2011

canine epilepsy

My sweet dog Bandit is doing fine after her seizure yesterday, and shows no ill effects from it.  Well, she is a bit tired and quiet-though that is a GOOD thing in a Jack Russell terrier.  We visited the vet and had blood work done, which showed no disease cause.  Life goes on as before, and hopefully, this was a once in a lifetime episode.  But, if not, at least I have some experience and knowledge now.  Here is a quick read for those who would like to learn what to do if their own pet has a seizure.
five strategies to make seizures in dogs less serious

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you & Bandit, & here's hopes that it was, indeed, a one-time event :). Sometimes I think that bizarre incidents like that serve a purpose only to expand our life experience, and perhaps allow us to be a bit more compassionate (and prepared!) if/when we encounter it again. Sounds like you did a grand job the first time around though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you received good news from a disease stand point. Let's hope you and Bandit don't have to go through this again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother-in-law had a dog with epilepsy--very scary. I'm glad Bandit is ok!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.