Saturday, April 16, 2011

sewing and not

I'm taking a break from my zebra dress right now.  It's almost done...I have been fiddling with the bodice band which is a tad too high under my arms, and trying to get the straps to be in the perfect place and the perfect length.  Once those are done, I can put in the zipper, hem it and wear it with a big smile.  I am apprehensive about installing the zipper as the fit seems pretty good so far and I am hoping that all my measuring and aligning was correct.

I sew and fit by myself.  I really would love a dress form but there is only enough room for me and all my tools in my sewing room. Wouldn't it be nice to have the perfect sewing studio? 

All that said, it is a joy to be at home and sewing comfortably in my second floor hideaway.  I did some sewing while on the road but most of my time was spent hiking or walking the dogs or going on day trips.  By the end of the 4th month, I could feel my creativity bubbling under the surface.  

Here are a few travel shots for you to enjoy while I go back upstairs to finish the zebra dress:
climbing up to some cliff dwellings in Bandelier National Monument (New Mexico)

part of the settlement as seen from partway up the cliff (Bandelier)
Arches National Park (Utah)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Doesn't Wile. E. Coyote have his lab in there somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your travel photos are great. What an experience this must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback on my photos...I am agitating for a more professional camera. I'll probably have to hit my savings because it didn't come as a birthday or a Christmas present this year.

    ummm, Wile E. Coyote must have his lab close by Bandelier. The monument is smack in the middle of the Los Alamos National Laboratory. What an odd place-another post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to seeing your zebra dress; in the meantime thank you for posting some more great travel photos. You went to some magnificent places!
    It's funny, I immediately recognised the "ladder" shot, and sure enough we went to the Bandelier National Monument when we were travelling in the states and have some remarkably similar photos of us and the kids! That was in 2002.
    Actually Mary, I thought of you during January, we went to the US and stayed with our friends out near Bend!! On the way I saw the signpost out to your town and was amazed that we were so near, except of course that you were on the road far far away from home... we were like ships in the night... but I thought of you!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.