Saturday, September 4, 2010

zoom zoom zoom

I'll bet you thought this would be about my Mitsubishi Spyder but nope...today was a motorcycle date with my dear husband.  We rode from Klamath Falls to Fish Lake to meet some friends for lunch, and from there we traveled to the north entrance of Crater Lake and around the Rim Road.  Look at this...wow!

That's Wizard Island and only one part of the lake.  The color is pretty true, and because of the fair weather clouds above, the lake color is a little less deep blue than normal. 


Here we are taking our own picture while sitting on a precipice above the lake.  As you can see, the wind was up.  Someday I'll remember to bring a hat for times like these.  Don't we look happy?  Almost 36 years married.



Here are some more photos for those of you interested in Crater lake, motorcycles, or what I wore today.  Oh yes, this is Day 4 of self-stitched september and I am wearing a handmade scarf.  The leather jacket and the oversize (borrowed from my sweetie) cold weather pants are store bought.  Not a great self stitched day but what a fun date. 

Suzuki V- Strom

glimpse of my self made scarf under my leather jacket

3 comments:

  1. What a coincidence! My DH and I took a motorcycle trip today, too! I will have to blog about it, although we didn't take any pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun day, and yay for you getting a self-stitched item in there! Motorbike riding doesn't usually lend itself to the easiest handmade wardrobe, really.. .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crater Lake is so beautiful. It looks like you had a lovely day. My sister and I have hiked in the area and partially around the lake. Fun memories. Do they still take boats to Wizard Island? Have fun with SSS.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.