Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Everyday fashion

I spend a lot of time thinking about clothing, planning wardrobes and individual pieces, sewing clothing and refashioning old clothes into something special.  You might expect that I would dress the part of the fashionista...but no.  I have days for which the title of Everyday Fashionista is perfect.  Here is today's look.

 Zoe, who heads up Self Stitched September, found over here, has challenged her readers to wear at least one self stitched article of clothing for every day of September.  In the pic above, I'm wearing pants I bought in Santa Cruz, old Sketchers, a very roomy top made from Simplicity 3790 and carrying my favorite leather bag decorated with elephants.  This high fashion shot shows EXACTLY what my life is really like-I wore this today as I would be doing a lot of errands: to the bank, then the car repair shop, then to the grocery store for dairy yummies, then to lunch with a friend, quick clean  up in the kitchen, off to the post office and finally a chance to sit down and sew.  whew!   Thank goodness for everyday clothing... :-)

7 comments:

  1. You may describe yourself as "just comfortable" but you look just lovely. The print on that top is gorgeous. And I just love your hair colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I also meant to add, the pattern Vogue 7303 for my skirt isn't as old as the 70's, I think. I bought it about six or seven years ago (and have made it up dozens of times, in many different ways...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colors you've put together here. Unusual for summer in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you look darn ready for the day. And I'm so glad that I'm not the only one really "living" in my clothes as I run errands and look after a household. After all, everyday stuff definitely does NOT look like Vogue in my world! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean - however cute your outfit looks, if you can't run around and do your errands, it's a little pointless!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.