Friday, September 3, 2010

another everyday fashion day

Well, self-stitched september has shown me something invaluable so far: I spend a lot of time dressed in work clothes.  hummmmm...do I need to ramp it up a little?  I haven't gone anywhere today so what I'm wearing is perfectly acceptable, albeit slightly frumpy.  Feel free with the comments-I can take it...I taught junior high!


Shorts are from some old pattern I had in a size larger than me.  I made them up last summer and they are work shorts in a black cotton dobby.  The black and white blouse is a Sencha blouse from Colette patterns.  I loved sewing it but it also is gigantic on me.  I am a B cup and this pattern line is drafted for a C cup I believe.  So, this is a work blouse too!  Silver flip flops and a knit headband complete the hausfrau outfit. 

                         If I stand perfectly still and smile nice, then it works.

6 comments:

  1. A super stylish housefrau if you ask me! I love the Sencha blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Huff. I'm going to make up another Sencha in a smaller size, and in a thicker fabric. I am still learning what fabrics will work with what styles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've seen a few sencha's made up on other blogs and even with you saying its too big this is one of the best looking ones i've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks...I did a lot of hand sewing on this blouse and added piping etc. It is well made but overall too big.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting! Your hausfrau outfit is definitely a lot more stylish than what I get around in, which will NOT be making an appearance on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what you mean by frumpy! You look nowhere near frumpy. The blouse is really pretty. You can't tell it's too big in the photos, but I know you can feel when something is too big and it can become mildly irritating. Looks good though!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.