Sunday, May 30, 2010

In the closet





I live in an older home. No master bedroom, no jacuzzi in the bathroom, no walk in closet and no built in appliances. There are 2 bedrooms upstairs (see the lovely dormer windows?) and each bedroom has a small, very small closet. Actually, Ross has the very small closet and I have the plain small closet. Over the years, I have prided myself on wearing my clothes to tatters, and not buying stuff just for the trendiness of it.


I have been lying to myself. I did a quick inventory and this is what I found:

jackets, lined and casual=9
tops, knit or woven, casual or dressy=38
cardis=3
dresses=4
skirts=4
knit pants=4
casual pants & jeans=6
slacks=4

I didn't count horseback riding gear, motorcycle riding gear, shorts, scarves, hats, gloves, shoes, jewelry, heavy coats, heavy jackets...it's kind of sickening. I feel a bit like a binge drinker at the end of a long, long run with the vino.
No excuses, and probably no change in the future. I'll explain later. In the meantime, a little lightheartedness...



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and enjoy the conversation that results.